Draw on the love that you DO have

Life can throw you a curve ball sometimes and all the old certainties are swept away.  It has been over a year since my life changed utterly and I've spent a lot of time doubting everything and wondering how much of the last decade was actually a lie as it now feels quite unreal.   Whilst trying to rebuild my life again, I'm come up against a lot of doubt and confusion. Then I read this wonderful blog entry which made me feel as if no love is ever truly wasted.

https://therearegiantsinthesky.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/the-glue-that-sticks-us-together/

I still believe that love is the answer.  Love for your family, your friends, your passions and interests, for humankind as a whole as well as romantic love.  I still believe that love is the point of life and that any love that is good, kind and true, is worth it.  Quite often people get so caught up in the difference between loving someone and being 'in love' and cast people aside for the more exciting of the two. 

I'm more convinced that ever that being 'in love' is all about effort and intent.  No long term relationship can survive if one or both of the people make little effort or run away when things are difficult.  Love isn't just a feeling, it is a verb, you need to act lovingly, put the effort in, express your love for that person in order to keep it going.  This also counts for friendship and family relationships, you should never take love of any form for granted.

My favourite quote from this wonderful blog is this "With this in mind, I will resolve to keep my heart open, remember there are many forms of love and rejoice in those I do have....But most of all, whilst your heart is mending, draw on the love that you do have. The love that you give or receive every day. Whoever, whatever or wherever it may come from or go. Concentrate on that love and it will become the glue that sticks you back together."

My next blog entry will return to talking about my creative journey.

Comments